dita delle mani
Larry
2005-09-20 10:10:18 UTC
Ciao,

come si dicono in ENg i nomi delle 5 dita della mano? poiice etc...

grazie
Adam Atkinson
2005-09-20 10:15:12 UTC
thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger, little finger.

If the toes all have names, most peple don't know them. "New Scientist"
had a joke propsal to name them things like "porcellus plorans domum".
Moska
2005-09-20 10:36:15 UTC
"Adam Atkinson"
Post by Adam Atkinson
index finger
also forefinger.

Moska
FB
2005-09-20 11:07:51 UTC
Post by Adam Atkinson
little finger.
Or "pinkie", right?

[...]

Bye, FB
--
"Golden orb... The golden orb... The golden orb..."
(Cold Comfort Farm, the film)
Moska
2005-09-20 12:13:54 UTC
"FB"
Post by FB
Post by Adam Atkinson
little finger.
Or "pinkie", right?
yep, the smallest finger on the hand!

Moska
g***@ssfusd.k12.ca.us
2005-09-20 16:54:54 UTC
Post by Moska
"FB"
Post by FB
Post by Adam Atkinson
little finger.
Or "pinkie", right?
yep, the smallest finger on the hand!
I really don't hear that word too much. I always thought of pinkie as
being sort of a slang word even though it is in the dictionary.
Besides, would a man say "I broke my pinkie"? It would sound a little
strange to me. But then, again, I only know American-English. Perhaps
it's used more frequently in British English.

bye
ari